You might not believe it, but Lowe’s has the #1 board on Pinterest, Build It, with 3.4 million followers. While not a top pinned site, its followers are interested and engaged building Lowe’s. Before you say, “This doesn’t matter to me since I’m a B2B marketer,” appreciate that your customers, influencers, or end-users have personal lives filled with dreams and some portion of them are active on Pinterest. So, even if you’re NOT a B2C marketer, Pinterest maters!
Women Rock Pinterest
- 92% of Pins are made by women
- 80% of Pinterest users are female
And – Women and their interests are critical to your business whether you’re a B2C or B2B company. Media Post noted:
- Women account for $7 trillion in US consumer and business spending.
- Women make or influence 85% of all purchasing decisions.
- Women purchase more than 50% of traditional male products including cars, home improvement products, and consumer electronics.
- More than 75% of US women gather product information online before making a purchase.
- Women account for 58% of all total online spending.
At a minimum, you need to monitor Pinterest marketing trends to better understand your target audience from an aspirational perspective. Better yet, build your brand and promote your articles, blogs, Facebook, and LinkedIn sites on Pinterest. Add videos from Vimeo and YouTube. See my video on my Marketing Board.
Just last month my Pinterest account reached more than 1,000 followers. Get on the band wagon and follow my boards on Pinterest, repin items of interest to you, and comment on pins to drive more traffic to my business social media and websites. I’ll do the same for you. Invite me to follow you and send me your Pinterest address.
I also help businesses optimize their Pinterest and LinkedIn accounts. Let me know how I can help you. See my other blog at SoloBizMarketing.com